The recommissioning of Children and Family Centres as the starting point for the development of Family Hubs across Gloucestershire for children aged 0-19 years (up to 25 years where children have special educational needs or disabilities).
To seek Cabinet permission to invite tenders for new
contracts for Children and Family Centres from 1st April
2023 as a starting point in the development of the Family Hub model
for children 0-19 (0-25 for SEND) across
This procurement will allow us to focus on
developing an agreed multi-agency vision and principles for Family
Hubs, starting with a focus on 0-11 with a view to incremental (age
and stage) transition that is aligned with the wider transformation
within children’s services and partner agencies.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Expenditure > £500,000 and 2 Divisions affected;
Decision status: For Determination
Notice of proposed decision first published: 20/12/2021
Decision due: 23 Feb 2022 by Cabinet
Lead member: Cllr Stephen Davies, Cabinet Member for Children’s SafeGuarding and Early Years
1. Cabinet paper July 2021: Decision - Variation of existing contracts for an extension to the existing services to Children and Family Centres
2. Cabinet paper June 2016 Reshaping Services for Families with Young Children
3. The best start for life: a vision for the 1001 critical days: The_best_start_for_life_a_vision_for_the_1001_critical_days.pdf (publishing.service.gov.uk)
4. Children and Young People’s Plan 2015 – 2018 https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/council-and-democracy/strategies-planspolicies/children-and-families/
5. Right Placement First Time – Sufficiency Strategy: Sufficiency Strategy 2018 - 2021 - Gloucestershire County Council
6. Children and Family Centres information and local offer: Local Offer - Search Results | Glosfamilies Directory
Summary, executive summary, booklets and data dashboards for Children and Family Centres can be viewed upon request to the report author.
Pre engagement undertaken with children and families (Nicholas Day Associates), with partners and key stakeholders and with youth support (DNA Youth Consultancy) have all been listed below and can all be viewed upon request to the report author: