To determine the following school admission
arrangements for 2023/24 academic year:
• The Co-ordinated Admissions Schemes for all schools and academies
• The Admission Arrangements for Community & Voluntary Controlled Schools
• The Protocol for pupil admittance over Published Admission Number for Community & Voluntary Controlled Schools and Service Personnel.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Expenditure > £500,000 and 2 Divisions affected;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 13/12/2021
Decision due: 26 Jan 2022 by Cabinet
Lead member: Cllr Philip Robinson, Cabinet Member for Education, Skills and Bus Transport firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Kirsten Harrison, Director of Education Email: Kirsten.email@example.com.
• Full consultation took place in 2016. There are no significant changes to the proposed admission arrangements for 2023/2024 and therefore full public consultation is not required by law.
• Changes to the School Admissions Code of Practice in September 2021 required all schools to include Internationally Adopted and Previously Looked After Children (IAPLAC) in their admission arrangements. As this was a requirement of the Code, no consultation was required.
• Legislation states that the council must determine its 2023/24 admission arrangements by 28th February 2022 and publish by 15th March 2022.