Work continues on the M5 J9 and A46
Improvement Scheme, including the completion of the Outline
Business Case (OBC), to enable submission to the Department for
Transport in October 2021, via the Large Local Majors (LLM)
Cabinet is asked to:
• Agree to allocate up to the £2,012,474.32 claimed as historical costs from the M5 junction 10 scheme, towards completing the Outline Business case for M5 junction 9, and other work associated with progressing the scheme. (from a total claim of M5 junction 10 historical costs of £3,747,054.33).
• Confirm the use of the £2,000,000 in the County Council transport planning base budget for business case funding – to be used specifically for junction 9 in 2021/2022. (This base budget has already been approved for business case funding, but junction 9 was not specifically mentioned in the budget papers).
• Agree to commission the work under our Professional Services contract.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Expenditure > £500,000 and 2 Divisions affected;
Decision status: For Determination
Notice of proposed decision first published: 16/11/2020
Decision due: 16 Dec 2020 by Cabinet
Lead member: Cabinet Member - Environment and Planning
Contact: Colin Chick, Executive Director of Economy, Economy and Infrastructure Email: email@example.com.
• Highways England
• Department for Transport
• Tewkesbury Borough Council
• Homes England
• Internal support services
• Public via public consultation
Planned Dates: • January 2021 – Non-statutory public consultation on Junction 9 options • May 2021 – Preferred Route Announcement • Autumn 2021 – submission of Outline Business Case (OBC) to Department for Transport (DfT).