Cllr Lynden Stowe sought approval for the schedule of disposals proposed to meet the three year capital receipts target of £33m up to 2020/21. Cabinet were being asked to approve the two schedules within the exempt appendices. Appendix A had been approved in October 2020 and confirmation was required by Cabinet that those sites not yet disposed on remained surplus to requirements and Appendix B was a new schedule recommended by Property Board as being surplus to requirements.
Having considered all of the information, Cabinet noted the report and,
1. Confirm that those sites described at Appendix A (Exempt) which have
previously been declared surplus by Cabinet in October 2020 and not yet
disposed of, continue to be declared surplus to
2. Declare the sites listed on the proposed Schedule of Disposals Appendix
B (Exempt) surplus to the Council’s land and property requirements.
3. Delegate authority to the Assistant Director – Asset Management and
Property Services to dispose of these sites in consultation with the
Cabinet Member for Finance and Change and Council’s Chief Financial
4. Approve amendment of the Policy for the Disposal of Property Appendix
C to include reference to the relevant legislation requiring approval for the
disposal of school land and the requirement to publish a notice of the
intention to sell open space.
5. in line with the Property Acquisition Policy, notes acquisition of a property
to provide supported living accommodation.