Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To recommend the MTFS, 2023/24 budget and
Cllr Lynden Stowe, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance and Change, sought Cabinet approval to recommend the Medium Term Financial Strategy, (MTFS), 2023/24 budget and precept to Council.
Having considered all of the information, Cabinet noted the report and
Consider the outcome of the budget
consultation as set out in Appendix 2 and the report from the
Corporate Overview and Scrutiny Committee (COSC) in Appendix
2) Approve the draft budget and to approve the MTFS and final revenue and capital budget for 2023/24 for recommendation to County Council, including all of the proposals set out in the annexes of the detailed MTFS (Appendix 1).
3) Note the schools funding allocations, the provisional local government finance settlement and forecast reserve movements as summarised in this report and set out in the MTFS.
4) Recommend to Council a revenue budget of £566.110 million, a band D council tax of £1,523.78 and consequential precepts on District Councils.
5) Note the Capital Strategy and Treasury Management Strategy & Investment Strategy as set out in Annexes 7 & 10 of the detailed MTFS.
6) Note the Risk Management Policy Statement & Strategy 2022-25 as set out in Annex 11 of the detailed MTFS for submission to County Council.
Report author: Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member - Finance and Change, Leader of the Council
Publication date: 25/01/2023
Date of decision: 25/01/2023
Decided at meeting: 25/01/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 02/02/2023