Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Having considered all of the information, including known proposals, alternative options and reasons for the recommendations, Cabinet noted the report and
RESOLVED to: -
Cabinet is recommended to:
1. Approve the Joint Strategy for Children and Young People with Additional Needs, including Special Educational Needs (SEND).
2. Agree the strategic approach to high needs set out in para 3.2.
3. Apply the Education Risk Reserve (£500,000) to invest in the development of ‘hubs’ in the primary sector.
4. Agree to prioritise £200,000 p.a. funding for Restorative Practice from the 2019/20 High Needs budget with a full evaluation to be carried out jointly with the Schools Forum after the first year.
5. Agree the principles outlined for the Specialist Commissioning Strategy and Post 16 SEND Strategy and authorise the Director of Education, in consultation with the Lead Cabinet member for Economy Skills and Growth, to consult on the strategies upon completion.
Publication date: 30/01/2019
Date of decision: 30/01/2019
Decided at meeting: 30/01/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 07/02/2019