Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To approve the Medium-Term Financial Strategy (MTFS) and final revenue and capital budget for 2024/25 for recommendation to County Council
Cllr Mark Hawthorne and Cllr Lynden Stowe sought Cabinet approval to recommend the MTFS, 2024/25 revenue and capital budgets and Precept to Council.
Having considered all of the information, Cabinet noted the report and
1. To consider the outcome of the budget consultation as set out in Appendix 2 and the report from the Corporate Overview and Scrutiny Committee (COSC) in Appendix 3.
2. To approve the MTFS and final revenue and capital budget for 2024/25 for recommendation to County Council, including all the proposals set out in the annexes of the detailed MTFS (Appendix 1).
3. To note the schools funding allocations, the provisional local government finance settlement and forecast reserve movements as summarised in this report and set out in the MTFS.
4. To recommend to Council a revenue budget of £610.425 million, a band D council tax of £1,599.82, and consequential precepts on District Councils.
5. To note the Capital Strategy and Treasury Management Strategy & Investment Strategy as set out in Annexes 7 & 10 of the detailed MTFS.
6. To delegate authority to the Director of Finance in consultation with the Deputy Leader/Cabinet Member for Finance and Change to make further changes to the draft budget in response to additional funding allocated to Gloucestershire County Council in the final financial settlement from HMGovernment.
Report author: Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member - Finance and Change, Leader of the Council
Publication date: 31/01/2024
Date of decision: 31/01/2024
Decided at meeting: 31/01/2024 - Cabinet