Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To recommend the MTFS, Council Strategy,
2022/23 budget and Precept to Council
Cllr Mark Hawthorne and Cllr Lynden Stowe asked Cabinet to recommend the MTFS, Council Strategy, 2022/23 budget and Precept to Council.
Having considered all of the information. Cabinet noted the report and
1. Consider the outcome of the budget consultation as set out in Appendix 3
and the report from the Corporate Overview and Scrutiny Committee (COSC)
in Appendix 4.
2. Approve the Council Strategy 2022-2026 - Building Back Better in Gloucestershire for recommendation to County Council (Appendix 1).
3. Approve changes to the draft budget and to approve the MTFS and final revenue and capital budget for 2022/23 for recommendation to County Council, including all of the proposals set out in the annexes of the detailed MTFS (Appendix 2).
4. Note the schools funding allocations, the provisional local government finance settlement and forecast reserve movements as summarised in this report and set out in the MTFS.
5. Recommend to Council a revenue budget of £520.268 million, a band D council tax of £1,451.36 and consequential precepts on District Councils.
6. Note the Capital Strategy and Treasury Management Strategy & Investment Strategy as set out in Annexes 7 & 10 of the detailed MTFS.
7. Approve the Risk Management Policy Statement & Strategy 2022-25 as set out in Annex 11 of the detailed MTFS for recommendation to County Council.
Report author: Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member - Finance and Change, Leader of the Council
Publication date: 26/01/2022
Date of decision: 26/01/2022
Decided at meeting: 26/01/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 03/02/2022