Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The purpose of this report is to seek Cabinet
approval for investment of the MHCLG Domestic Abuse Section 31
Grant for 2021/22 to enable us to meet our statutory duties under
the Domestic Abuse Act 2021
Cllr Kathy Williams, Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care Delivery sought Cabinet approval for investment of the MHCLG Domestic Abuse Section 31 Grant for 2021/22 to enable us to meet our statutory duties under the Domestic Abuse Act 2021.
Having considered all of the information, Cabinet noted the report and.
Modify the existing Lot 1 provider contract with Gloucestershire Domestic Abuse Support Service (GDASS) up to the value of £405,968 over 2 + 2 years (the current contract ends 30th June 2023 and if the +2 option is exercised it will end 30th June 2025) to include:
1.Floating Support (£12,000 x4 = £48,000); Flexible Funding (£40,000 x4 = £160,000) and Target Hardening/Sanctuary referral (£49,492 x4 = £197,968)
2. Modify the existing Lot 1 provider contract with GDASS up to the value of £60,000 over three years with annual break clauses for Floating Support linked to call off contracts for Places of Safety and Dispersed Refuge (£12,000 x3 = £36,000; £8,000 x3 = £24,000)
Delegate authority to the Executive Director: Adult Social Care and Public Health, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care Delivery to:
3. Issue contracts under Lot 2 of the Domestic Abuse Framework up to the value of £800,000 over three years for the purpose of providing support in Places of Safety (£60,000 x3 + £18,100 x3 additional costs = £234,300); a DA Intervention Post (£88,000 x3 = £264,000); Specialist DA Advocates in Housing Teams; DA Training for the Housing Sector and DA Housing Champions (estimated £100,000 x3= £300,000)
4. Allocate a proportion of our Tier 1 administrative burdens funding towards posts which support the domestic abuse and sexual violence work associated with the duties arising from the Domestic Abuse Act 2021 to a maximum annual value of £100,000.
5. Run a mini competition on the DA framework under Lot 2 to support refuge accommodation up to the value of £300,000 over three years and award a contract to the successful bidder.
6. Issue contracts under Lot 2 of the Domestic Abuse Framework or the Community and Accommodation Based Support (CABS) Framework for scheme costs in dispersed refuge units to the maximum value of £180,000 over three years
7. Allocate the remainder of the grant (approximately £438,069 for 2021/22) following publication of the domestic abuse needs assessment and strategy in September 2021 and the subsequent investment recommendations from the LPB.
Report author: Cabinet Member - Adult Social Care Delivery
Publication date: 21/07/2021
Date of decision: 21/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 21/07/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 29/07/2021