Decision Maker: Cabinet Member - Adult Social Care Commissioning
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To seek approval to pay grant funding to adult
social care providers, including those with whom the council does
not have a contract, as described in Local Authority Circular:
Adult Social Care Infection Control and Testing Fund (published 29
March 2021) in accordance with a determination under section 31 of
the Local Government Act 2003 of a ring-fenced infection control
grant to local authorities for 2021 to 2022 No. 31/5487 (the
“Determination”) for the purposes of:
1. reducing the rate of COVID-19 transmission within and between care settings through effective infection prevention and control practices and increase uptake of staff vaccination
2. conducting additional rapid testing of staff and visitors in care homes, high-risk supported living and extra care settings, to enable close contact visiting where possible
In coming to this decision I have given due and full regard to the requirements of the public sector equality duty contained in section 149 of the Equality Act 2010 (“the Act”) by reference to the law itself and also the relevant Due Regard Statement, which was prepared in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
Having fully considered all of the available information, I have decided to reject the alternative options and take the recommended decision to:
Delegate authority to the Executive Director of Adult Social Care and Public Health to:
1. Pay providers of bed based care in Gloucestershire, including residential drug and alcohol settings and bed-based care providers with whom the council does not have a contract, the stipulated 60% of the Rapid Testing fund allocation received pursuant to the Determination on a “per bed” basis and to pay any undistributed funding from such allocation to eligible providers for rapid testing purposes.
2. Pay the remaining 40% of such Rapid Testing fund allocation to extra care housing providers, supported living providers and other eligible care providers in Gloucestershire for the purpose of funding lateral flow testing.
3. Pay providers of bed based care in Gloucestershire and CQC regulated community care providers (ie, domiciliary care, extra care and supported living), including those with whom the council does not have a contract, the stipulated 70% of the Infection Prevention and Control fund allocation received pursuant to the Determination on a “per bed” basis (for care homes) or “per user” basis (for CQC regulated community care providers) and to pay any undistributed funding from such allocation to eligible providers for Infection prevention and control purposes
4. Allocate 1% of the Infection Prevention and Control fund allocation to meet the council’s administrative costs arising from the distribution of the funding described in this report and the council’s reporting obligations in respect thereof..
5. Allocate and award the remaining 29% of the Infection Prevention and Control fund allocation to adult social care providers that are nominated by the Executive Director of Adult Social Care and Public Health in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care Commissioning in order to support other COVID-19 infection prevention and control measures subject to the provisions of the Determination.
For the reasons set out in the report.
Urgent item?: Yes
Publication date: 26/04/2021
Date of decision: 26/04/2021