Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The purpose of the report is to provide feedback on the Market Engagement Review and seek approval for the recommendations to influence and aid the sustainability of the Independent Health & Social Care Market of Gloucestershire in light of the initial and ongoing impact of the Covid19 pandemic.
Cllr Carole Allaway Martin introduced the report providing feedback on the Market Engagement Review and sought approval for the recommendations to influence and aid the sustainability of the Independent Health & Social Care Market of Gloucestershire.
Having considered all of the information, Cabinet noted the report and
1) Delegate authority to the Executive Director of Adult Social Care and Public Health, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care Commissioning,:
a) To agree the revised purchasing model for the volume and location of care home beds that support frail individuals awaiting hospital discharge under the Enhanced Independence Offer, as approved by GCC Cabinet June 2019. The EIO programme of change is currently underway. Initial findings much of which is predicated on learning from the pandemic, indicate that future purchasing patterns and procurement processes will require a more flexible approach combining the benefits of both block and spot purchasing.
b) To agree the revised purchasing model for a blended model for Home Care and Reablement, currently being developed under phase 2 of the Enhanced Independence Offer, to support collaborative working and therefore investment in Domiciliary care providers
2) Support and stabilise the care home market by approving consultation on the proposed decommissioning and closure of four homes within the Gloucestershire Care Partnership:
a) Orchard House, Bishops Cleeve, Tewkesbury
b) Westbury Court, Westbury, Forest of Dean
c) Bohanam House, Gloucester
d) The Elms, Stonehouse Stroud
3) Consult on the proposed closures and the potential impact of the closures
4) Delegate authority to the Executive Director of Adult Social Care and Public Health, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care Commissioning, to enter into an agreement with Gloucestershire Care Services to ensure continuity of care for residents during the consultation period set out in Recommendation 2 and other ancillary matters, including reimbursing Gloucestershire Care Partnership for agreed additional costs incurred that arise as a direct result of the consultation process.
5) Agree, following consultation, to return to Cabinet to consider the outcome of the consultation and agree how to take forward outcomes of the consultation.
Report author: Cllr Carole Allaway-Martin
Publication date: 30/03/2022
Date of decision: 30/03/2022
Decided at meeting: 30/03/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 07/04/2022