Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To provide an update on the year-end forecast for the 2022/23 County Council’s Revenue and Capital Budgets
Cllr Lynden Stowe provided an update on the year-end forecast for the 2022/23 County Council’s Revenue and Capital Budgets
Having considered all of the information, Cabinet noted the report and
1. Note the forecast revenue year end position based on September 2022 (Period 6) forecasts for the 2022/23 financial year, which is an overspend of £9.930 million all of which relates to non-Covid-19 expenditure. The Covid-19 related expenditure and income outturn is forecast to be a balanced position.
2. Note the action in the report to reduce the in year overspend currently identified.
3. Note the forecast capital year end position as at the end of August 2022, forecast made in September 2022 (P6) of £151.125 million against the current budget of £163.924 million.
4. Note the intention to re-profile the capital budget to reflect the current forecast.
5. Approve the £225k decrease to the capital programme and changes as detailed in Section B
Report author: Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member - Finance and Change
Publication date: 23/11/2022
Date of decision: 23/11/2022
Decided at meeting: 23/11/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 01/12/2022