Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek Cabinet approval for the re-modelling
of Southfield House, to support the implementation of the
Sufficiency Strategy, by developing quality semi-independent
accommodation and support services for vulnerable young
Cllr Stephen Davies sought Cabinet approval for the re-modelling of Southfield House, to support the implementation of the Sufficiency Strategy, by developing quality semi-independent accommodation and support services for vulnerable young people.
Having considered all of the information, Cabinet noted the report and
1) Approve an allocation of £3.35million of capital funding to the proposed remodelling of Southfield Site (both Main and Old House buildings) for the purpose of delivering accommodation for care experienced young people who may also be in employment, training or apprenticeships.
2) Delegate authority to the Executive Director of Children’s Services in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Economy, Education and Skills, and the Cabinet Member for Children’s Safeguarding and Early Years to:
a) Conduct a competitive procurement process in respect of a contract for the delivery of day-to-day delivery of accommodation and support services, with 24/7 staffing to support the young people placed. The successful tenderer for such services will also finance all ‘fit out’ costs for the re-modelled accommodation. Such contract shall continue for an initial period of 5 years and include an option to extend its term for a further period of 2 years.
b) Award such contract to the preferred tenderer.
c) Determine whether to exercise the option to extend the term of such contract for a further period of 2 years on its fifth anniversary.
3) Delegates authority to the Assistant Director for AMPS in consultation with the Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance and Change to:
a) Conduct a competitive procurement process under the Gloucestershire County Council’s Major Project Framework (or its replacement) in respect of a call-off contract for the supply of remodelling works in respect of:
· Southfield Main House: for the purpose of providing the following accommodation for care leavers.
o 13 studio flats, 2 two-bedroom flats
o 2 well-being flats
o 1 single bedroom flat (used as an emergency/Police And Criminal Evidence bed)
· Southfield Old House: for the purpose of providing the following accommodation for young people who are in employment, training, or apprenticeships
o 7 one bed flats
o 1 two bed flat
o 1 crash pad
b) Award such call-off contract to the preferred tenderer.
Report author: Cllr Stephen Davies
Publication date: 30/03/2022
Date of decision: 30/03/2022
Decided at meeting: 30/03/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 07/04/2022