Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Having considered all of the information, including known proposals, alternative options and reasons for the recommendations, Cabinet noted the report and
1. Note the forecast revenue year end position as at the end of August 2018 for the 2018/19 financial year of a net £2.711 million overspend.
2. Note the forecast capital year end position as at the end of August 2018 of £0.248 million slippage against the current budget of £103.731 million.
3. Note the forecast overspend in the Dedicated Schools Grant (DSG) of £3.24 million in 2018/19, which exceeds the £2.4 million of uncommitted DSG balances brought forward, and endorses on going discussions with the Schools Forum to agree actions to bring DSG back into balance in future years.
4. Note the recommendation to Council regarding the funding of the M5 Junction 10 works within the Cheltenham Cyber Business Park – Transport Mitigation and M5 Junction 10 Business Case Development report elsewhere on the agenda.
5. Approve a one off transfer of £0.5 million from the Insurance budget in Technical and Corporate to Highways to support the costs associated with the demobilisation of the Amey contract and the mobilisation of the new highways contract.
6. Approve the allocation of £1.470 million of the additional Business Rates Retention (BRR) pilot income of which £1 million will be used to offset demand pressures within Adult Social Care and £0.470 million will be used to fund electric vehicle infrastructure. Both these allocations are in line with those approved by Council in February 2018.
7. Approve the addition of £0.013 million to the Highway Capital budget funded from a variety of sources as outlined in the body of the report.
8. Approve the transfer of £0.150 million from the Highways Capital Programme to the Strategic Infrastructure Capital Programme to fund the anticipated overspend on the Priory / Oakley flood alleviation scheme.
9. Note the risks and opportunities associated with entering into a Gloucestershire 75% Business Rates Retention Pilot in 2019/20 and:
Report author: Finance and Change
Publication date: 11/10/2018
Date of decision: 10/10/2018
Decided at meeting: 10/10/2018 - Cabinet
Effective from: 19/10/2018