Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Cllr Ray Theodoulou: Cabinet Member for Finance and Change, gave an update on the year-end forecast for the council’s Revenue and Capital Budgets 2017/18.
In noting the report, Cabinet
1. Notes the forecast revenue year end position as at the end of September 2017 for the 2017/18 financial year of a net £0.087 million underspend.
2. Agrees the following revenue contributions to capital of:
2.1 £0.100 million from Support Services to the ICT capital programme to provide Wi-Fi in Children’s Services office accommodation.
2.2 £0.258 million from Highways to support the Highways Capital Programme
3. Approves the following budget virements:
3.1 the 2016/17 unallocated Adults Social Care Levy of £2.5 million be permanently allocated to Learning Disabilities
3.2 the one off Adult Social Care Support Grant of £1.541 million is allocated to support Older People/Physical Disabilities and Mental Health pressures in the current year.
4. Approves the transfer of £5 million from one off savings in the Corporate and Technical budget to the Transformation Reserve.
5. Approves £0.71 million from the Transformation Reserve to support costs relating to the implementation of the Ofsted Improvement Plan.
6. Approves a £10 million pre-payment to the Gloucestershire LGPS Fund to generate revenue savings as outlined in the report.
7. Notes the forecast capital year end position for 2017/18 of £9.815 million slippage.
8. Approves the following changes to the Capital Programme:-
8.1 A transfer of £2.521 million of existing C&I unallocated capital funding (made up of £1.727 million of Highways, £0.478 million of Structural Maintenance and £0.316 million of Integrated Transport) to fund the additional works costs on phase one of Cinderford Northern Quarter Spine Road following on from the July 2015 Cabinet decision to proceed with the project.
8.2 An increase of £3.014 million to the Highways Capital budget, funded by £2.700 million DfT Grant for the Cross Keys Roundabout £0.258 million of revenue contributions from Highways revenue budgets and £0.056 million from external contributions.
8.3 An increase of £0.198 million to the Infrastructure Capital budget of the Saturn Multi Modal Transport model, funded from the Transformation Reserve.
8.4 An increase of £0.100 million in the ICT Capital programme budget to provide Wi-Fi in Children’s Services office accommodation. This will be funded by a revenue contribution from Support Services.
8.5 A new capital scheme at Bourton-on-the-Water Primary, funded by £0.754 million developer s106 contributions.
8.6 Notes transfer of £0.360 million from the ‘Sandford Park House Dilapidation Costs’ scheme in the Adults Capital Programme to the AMPS Capital Programme to reflect the current management and reporting of these works.
8.7 Notes the transfer of £0.375 million from the ‘Locality Solutions’ scheme in Children & Families Capital Programme to the AMPS Capital Programme to reflect the current management and reporting of these works.
9. Notes the risks and opportunities associated with entering into a
Gloucestershire 100% Business Rate Retention pilot and:-
9.1 Continues to support the application to the Government to pilot 100% Business Rates Retention in 2018/2019 for Gloucestershire.
9.2 Authorise the Director: Strategic Finance, in consultation with the Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance and Change, to commit Gloucestershire County Council to entering into the pilot for 100% Business Rates Retention in 2018/2019 for Gloucestershire in the event the bid to DCLG is successful.
9.3 Notes that in the event the pilot bid is unsuccessful then the Council will remain in the Gloucestershire Business Rates Pool for 2018/2019.
Report author: Cllr Ray Theodoulou
Publication date: 15/11/2017
Date of decision: 15/11/2017
Decided at meeting: 15/11/2017 - Cabinet
Effective from: 23/11/2017