1. Carry out the overview and scrutiny functions of the County Council delivering the roles set out in Article 8 of the Constitution focussing on health issues from the public’s perspective including the use of task groups to carry out its overview and scrutiny functions. To act as a lever to improve the health and those services that impact on the health of local people, working in partnership with other agencies. To address issues of health inequalities between different groups in the community. To determine those matters referred to in Article 11.02.2 of the Constitution (joint committees concerning health service changes).
2. Under the Local Authority (Public Health, Health and Wellbeing Boards and Health Scrutiny) Regulations 2013, to exercise the Council’s role:
· in reviewing and scrutinising matters relating to the planning, provision and
· In commenting on or making a recommendation in relation to proposals for a substantial development or variation to services save that ‘referral powers’ to the Secretary of State remain with full Council.
3. Carry out the overview and scrutiny functions of the County Council delivering the roles set out in Article 8 of the Constitution in the context of all matters relating to adult social care.