Direct, carry out and manage the overview and scrutiny functions of the County Council by:
1. Co-ordinating and overseeing an annual planning cycle for the whole overview and scrutiny function of the County Council.
2. Commissioning all Scrutiny Task Groups, including agreeing their objectives, their political balance (if any) and time limit.
3. Managing, co-ordinating and reviewing resources available to support time limited task groups commissioned by all overview and scrutiny committees with clear terms of reference delivering the roles set out in Article 8 of the Constitution in respect of any County Council functions.
4. Receiving reports from overview and scrutiny committees and progressing the matters addressed.
5. Receiving and determining all call-ins under the Call-in Procedure Rules.
6. Carry out the overview and scrutiny functions of the County Council delivering the roles set out in Article 8 of the Constitution by providing a corporate overview of performance, the budget and service improvement.
7. Carry out the overview and scrutiny functions of the County Council delivering the roles set out in Article 8 of the Constitution by scrutinising those County Council functions not covered by other overview and scrutiny committees. These include Strategy and Challenge, Enabling and Transition, customer services, equalities and the Meeting the Challenge Programme.
For further information contact: email@example.com
Support officer: Stephen Bace. 01452 324204