Issue - meetings

Members' Questions

Meeting: 13/02/2019 - County Council (Item 8)

8 Member questions pdf icon PDF 85 KB

 

Up to 30 minutes is allowed for this item.

 

To answer any written member questions about matters which are within the powers and duties of the County Council.

 

The closing date for receipt of questions is 10am on Wednesday, 6 February 2019. Please send questions to the Chief Executive marked for the attention of Stephen Bace (email stephen.bace@gloucestershire.gov.uk).

 

Questions received and proposed responses do not accompany this agenda but will be circulated prior to the meeting.

 

Minutes:

Eighteen member questions had been received. The following supplementary questions were asked:

 

Question 1 – Cllr Paul Hodgkinson stated that there were 31 working days until the country was due to leave the European Union. He asked if the Leader was saying that everything would be fine for the people of Gloucestershire if there was a ‘no deal’ Brexit.

 

Cllr Mark Hawthorne replied that he did not know what arrangements would be in place or the leave date so he was unable to comment further.

 

 

Question 2 – Cllr Colin Hay asked if the Leader were to get a box of matches would he want to start the incinerator with it or would he want to burn it down due to the extra costs being incurred? Was he proud of it?

 

Cllr Mark Hawthorne stated that he was proud that the Council was on target and on course for a long term solution to Gloucestershire’s waste. He felt that in the future members of the council of all political persuasions would be proud of it.

 

 

Question 3 – Cllr Iain Dobie asked that the revenue generated from parking charges in Cheltenham be committed to be spent in Cheltenham.

 

Cllr Dave Norman replied that the money would be used to improve parking across the County. He would welcome the opportunity to sit down with the member and go through the figures.             

 

 

Question 7 – Cllr Paul Hodgkinson highlighted the accident on the A417 last July and explained that the judge had been shocked and surprised by the state of disrepair on the road. He suggested that the inspection process for highways was not working.

 

Cllr Vernon Smith explained that the Council took road safety very seriously and that highways managers continued to make sure inspection processes operated following national best practice.

 

 

Question 8 – Cllr Paul Hodgkinson asked what the member would do to address his concerns about the inspection process not working.

 

Cllr Vernon Smith stated he would be happy to meet with the member and senior highways managers if the member had specific issues that he wished to raise.

 

 

Question 10 – Cllr Rachel Smith provided details of utility companies working at 6:30am in the morning citing an emergency. She asked what processes the Council had to guide utility companies about what was acceptable disruption?

 

Cllr Vernon Smith replied that he understood the frustration but that if there was an emergency involving utility companies then the Council was obliged by law to assist them where they took action. He would be happy to meet with the member to discuss further.

 

 

Question 11 – Cllr Rachel Smith asked which of the five substantive points of the letter referenced in her question did the Leader believe his answer addressed.

 

Cllr Mark Hawthorne noted that the question referred to the Ernst and Young report and he had answered with respect to that. A number of the points were referenced by the open letter and the Leader had nothing further to add to  ...  view the full minutes text for item 8


Meeting: 14/02/2018 - County Council (Item 8)

8 Member questions pdf icon PDF 80 KB

 

Up to 30 minutes is allowed for this item.

 

To answer any written member questions about matters which are within the powers and duties of the County Council.

 

The closing date for receipt of questions is 10am on Wednesday, 7 February 2018. Please send questions to the Chief Executive marked for the attention of Stephen Bace (email stephen.bace@gloucestershire.gov.uk).

 

Questions received and proposed responses do not accompany this agenda but will be circulated prior to the meeting.

 

Minutes:

Ten member questions had been received. The following supplementary questions were asked:

 

Question 2 –  Cllr Jeremy Hilton asked, following the Emergency Services Collaboration Governance Board meeting, what new schemes were being planned with the Police and Crime Commissioner to share estates?

 

Cllr Nigel Moor stated that he would be happy to share with scrutiny members the collaboration arrangements that had been secured. Estates was one of the big areas to look at with a feasibility study being undertaken to identify the possibility of tri-service facilities at sites such as Cirencester. 

 

 

Question 4 – Cllr Jeremy Hilton asked that a more detailed report be brought to scrutiny on prevention of drowning incidents, such as initiatives to warn people of the dangers of rivers and canals.

 

Cllr Nigel Moor stated that he would be happy to bring a report to scrutiny.

 

 

Question 6 - Cllr Jeremy Hilton asked, with the expected Home Office inspection of the Fire and Rescue Service in Spring 2019, would the Council be looking to take advantage of an LGA Peer Review.

 

In response, Cllr Nigel Moor stated that this was a sensible suggestion and it was a good opportunity to consult with the LGA prior to the inspection.

 

 

Question 9 – Cllr Paul Hodgkinson stated that he had specifically asked for the total cost to the Council of the trip to China.

 

Cllr Mark Hawthorne explained that this question had been previously asked and that he would ask officers to direct Cllr Hodgkinson to the previously released answer which he believed was around £12,000.

 

 

Question 10 -  Cllr Colin Hay  referred to the ‘appalling state’ of the section of Cheltenham High Street from Rodney Road to Bath Road. He asked how much would it cost to reinstate that area of the High Street?

 

Cllr Vernon Smith stated that the total cost would be around £700,000 with the Council offering to put forward half the amount for the whole scheme to be delivered. 

 


Meeting: 06/12/2017 - County Council (Item 75)

75 Member questions pdf icon PDF 105 KB

 

Up to 30 minutes is allowed for this item.

 

To answer any written member questions about matters which are within the powers and duties of the County Council.

 

The closing date for receipt of questions is 10am on Wednesday, 29 November 2017. Please send questions to the Chief Executive marked for the attention of Stephen Bace (email stephen.bace@gloucestershire.gov.uk).

 

Questions received and proposed responses do not accompany this agenda but will be circulated prior to the meeting.

 

Minutes:

Eighteen member questions had been received. The following supplementary questions were asked:

 

Question 1 – Cllr Bernie Fisher asked when the problem around the subsidence on the A438 would be resolved as this had been an issue for four years.

 

Cllr Vernon Smith stated that he understood the frustration with landslips and that action with regards to this was prioritised, with the best way forward considered. This particular landslip was a complex one and he would be happy to meet with the member and officers at the site to discuss further. 

 

 

Question 3 – Cllr Paul Hodgkinson stated that his question related to serious abuse of children and that he was asking for a summary made publically available of the visits made by council officers to Dowdeswell Court and Badgeworth Court to ensure it was on public record. 

 

Cllr Richard Boyles replied that he was happy to share the detail he had been provided with by officers. Records showed that the visits were made by senior officers in relation to placements by the County Council and other local authorities. The records did not categorise the nature of concern, but they were regarding staffing. The law around record keeping was not as robust back then.

 

 

Question 4 – Cllr Paul Hodgkinson asked why, after a series of events, Gloucestershire County Council had failed to inform other councils of the concern. This was despite convictions and charges being brought around child sexual abuse. The member suggested that information had been given to the Council and that it had failed to act.

 

Cllr Richard Boyles explained that records showed that Gloucestershire County Council did send messages to other councils with regards to incidents. He stated that he was happy to work with officers and the police if an investigation was being carried out on these matters. It was important that the police were given the opportunity to carry out their investigations fully.

 

 

Question 5 – Cllr Paul Hodgkinson explained that freedom of information requests to 40 councils had shown no record of any warnings or activity. He asked what the Cabinet Member could do to reassure victims?

 

Cllr Richard Boyles replied that he would work with the police and partners fully. He was sympathetic to the victims. He explained that he could not comment on the activity of the Council in terms of communicating with other councils on this matter in the 1960s and 1970s. He could only focus on assisting with any current investigation.

 

 

Question 6 – Cllr Paul Hodgkinson stated that he had been provided with information that two County Councillors had been members of the advisory board which was part of the Badgeworth Court School.  He had reservations about the information given in the written answer.

 

Cllr Richard Boyles replied that he had shared all the information he had on the matter and that the Council did not have significant records of that period. He explained that the responsibility of licencing for the school during that time was the Department  ...  view the full minutes text for item 75


Meeting: 13/09/2017 - County Council (Item 62)

62 Member questions pdf icon PDF 119 KB

 

Up to 30 minutes is allowed for this item.

 

To answer any written member questions about matters which are within the powers and duties of the County Council.

 

The closing date for receipt of questions is 10am on Wednesday, 6 September 2017. Please send questions to the Chief Executive marked for the attention of Stephen Bace (email stephen.bace@gloucestershire.gov.uk).

 

Questions received and proposed responses do not accompany this agenda but will be circulated prior to the meeting.

 

Minutes:

Thirty six member questions had been received. The following supplementary questions were asked:

 

Question 1 -  Cllr Iain Dobie asked that the Leader ask Democratic Services to ensure they had alternative phone number and email address so all members could be updated in the event of issues such as the ICT disruption that had occurred.

 

Cllr Mark Hawthorne  stated that this had now been put in place. The previous ICT issues should not have occurred and work was underway to prevent similar incidents.

 

 

Question 2 – Cllr Iain Dobie asked how much working time had been lost by staff at Shire Hall and those working remotely due to the failure.

 

Cllr Mark Hawthorne explained that no officer had been tasked to do that analysis. The Blackberry Work outage had effected around 350 members and officers. Most staff had alternative access routes and the worse effected had been members.

 

 

Question 4 – Cllr Iain Dobie asked if the Cabinet Member could provide more information including a detailed breakdown on the £400k extra support to people with disabilities.

 

Cllr Roger Wilson stated that he would provide the member with the information. He explained that the vast majority was for continued provision for community drop in and support to carry out Hate Crime awareness sessions.

 

 

Question 7 – Cllr Paul Hodgkinson explained that the member’s answer which stated that the ‘Old A40’ was a priority site contradicted what he had heard from council officers. He asked for clarification as to what ‘priority site’ meant in terms of timescale.

 

Cllr Vernon Smith replied that he understood the frustration of the member and residents. He explained that all landslips were classed as a priority and needed to be evaluated. New photographs of the site suggested that there was still movement of the soil, once that movement had stopped work would begin to resolve the issue.

 

 

Question 8 – Cllr Paul Hodgkinson informed the member of some of the recommendations coming out of the A429 Task Group including asset management, signage, air quality monitoring and speed limits being reviewed. He asked for an update on what had happened in response.

 

Cllr Nigel Moor confirmed that an in depth study had been commissioned a number of months ago to report by the end of the year. This report would examine all of the issues brought forward by the group. He was happy to share the consultant’s brief with the member.  Cllr Moor also congratulated all those involved in the Tour of Britain leg in Gloucestershire.

 

 

Question 9 – Cllr Paul Hodgkinson  explained that as recently as February the Cabinet Member had said that he would extend a warm welcome to Donald Trump visiting the area, what had changed?

 

Cllr Lynden Stowe replied that the issuing of invites to heads of foreign states was a matter for the Royal Visits Committee.

 

 

Question 10 – Cllr Paul Hodgkinson asked what contingency plan was in place for the impact of Brexit and where this plan could be seen.

 

Cllr Lynden  ...  view the full minutes text for item 62


Meeting: 28/06/2017 - County Council (Item 46)

46 Member questions pdf icon PDF 126 KB

 

Up to 30 minutes is allowed for this item.

 

To answer any written member questions about matters which are within the powers and duties of the County Council.

 

The closing date for receipt of questions is 10am on Wednesday, 21 June 2017. Please send questions to the Chief Executive marked for the attention of Stephen Bace (email stephen.bace@gloucestershire.gov.uk).

 

Questions received and proposed responses do not accompany this agenda but will be circulated prior to the meeting.

 

Minutes:

Thirty six member questions had been received. The following supplementary questions were asked:

 

Question 2– Cllr Jeremy Hilton asked whether checks would be carried out on hotel chains and commercial buildings regarding the external cladding in light of recent incidents.

Cllr Nigel Moor explained that the immediate response had been to look at residential buildings, but that he would take up the points raised by the member with the Chief Fire Officer.

 

Question 3– Cllr Jeremy Hilton asked whether the member would agree that there was a need to encourage all properties to fit sprinkler systems.

Cllr Nigel Moor replied that it had to be a decision for the Chief Fire Officer and a bespoke approach.

 

Question 4 – Cllr Jeremy Hilton accepted that the panels on the outside of Shire Hall were safe but asked whether that was the case regarding the insulation used.

Cllr Nigel Moor explained that this was being tested.

 

Question 5 – Cllr Jeremy Hilton noted that a lot of building work had been carried out on Shire Hall. He asked why the opportunity had not been taken to install sprinklers.

Cllr Ray Theodoulou replied that any installations of this nature would be dependent on the advice of Fire Officers and the measures they felt were required.

 

Question 6 – Cllr Jeremy Hilton asked whether the member thought that the current establishment of children’s social workers was sufficient to care for children of this County?

Cllr Richard Boyles replied that he would listen to officers regarding the assessments they made around the establishment.

 

Question 7 – Cllr Jeremy Hilton noted the vacancies the Council had for children’s social workers and asked what work would be undertaken to ensure a full establishment.
 

Cllr Richard Boyles explained that the Council was active in the market to recruit new social workers and that there was a national shortage which made it difficult to attract experienced social workers. There was an ongoing programme in place and he would be happy to update the Council in the future on progress.

 

Question 8 – Cllr Rachel  Smith asked whether the Council would commit to publishing the information on the costs of the incinerator following the judges ruling on public disclosure being in the public interest.

Cllr Ray Theodoulou stated that the judgement had been noted and steps were in place to conform to this. He looked forward to the outcome of deliberations of the working group looking at ‘open contracting’.

Question 9 - Cllr Rachel Smith asked if it was possible to see a commitment to convert the Council’s fleet of cars to low emission electric vehicles.

Cllr Nigel Moor explained that a report would be going to Environment and Communities Scrutiny on 12 July looking at a range of options regarding Air Quality Management.

 

Question 10 – Cllr Chris Coleman expressed concern that the parking scheme in his division had been first advised for February 2016, with consultation in April and was now planned for August 2017. He asked whether  ...  view the full minutes text for item 46


Meeting: 22/03/2017 - County Council (Item 22)

22 Member questions pdf icon PDF 151 KB

 

Up to 30 minutes is allowed for this item.

 

To answer any written member questions about matters which are within the powers and duties of the County Council.

 

The closing date for receipt of questions is 10am on Wednesday, 15 March 2017. Please send questions to the Chief Executive marked for the attention of Stephen Bace (email stephen.bace@gloucestershire.gov.uk).

 

Questions received and proposed responses do not accompany this agenda but will be circulated prior to the meeting.

 

Minutes:

Sixty  member questions had been received. The following supplementary questions were asked:

 

Question 1 – Cllr Iain Dobie asked if the independent report on air pollution monitoring in Gloucestershire could be made available to the Health and Care Overview and Scrutiny Committee.

 

Cllr Nigel Moor replied that it could be made available.

 

Question 2 – Cllr Iain Dobie asked why the County Council had declined to set an example by using electric vehicles.

 

Cllr Nigel Moor explained that the possibility was being explored and that a report would go to the next Council.

 

Question 3 – Cllr Paul Hodgkinson asked for more details on the precautionary approach being adopted around school buildings potentially containing asbestos.

 

Cllr Ray Theodoulou stated that the assumption was always made that the material could be present and that specialist teams were used.

 

Question 4 -  Cllr Paul Hodgkinson asked what the likelihood was for other successful claims relating to asbestos in schools.

 

Cllr Ray Theodoulou replied that this was difficult to predict as they were historic claims with asbestos cases having stretched back over 20 years.

 

Question 5 – Cllr Paul Hodgkinson asked if the member could provide a full list of the buildings where the Council had spent £820,000 on asbestos removal.

 

Cllr Ray Theodoulou replied that he would try to make the information available.

 

Question 16 – Cllr Iain Dobie asked whether the Leader would speak to the Local Government Minister to ensure Gloucestershire was first in the queue for being able to retain 100% business rates.

 

Cllr Mark Hawthorne explained that Gloucestershire had been successful in the recently announced additional funding for adult social care. He understood that an announcement around pilot areas for 100% business rates would occur in the summer. Leadership Gloucestershire had made it clear that it would like Gloucestershire to be one of those areas included in the pilot.

 

Question 18 – Cllr Paul Hodgkinson asked that in light of the recent complaint lodged with the Marketing and Competition Agency, would the Council be meeting with UBB to discuss further financial losses pending the outcome of that judgement.

 

Cllr Ray Theodoulou replied that no plans had been made.

 

Question 21 – Cllr Paul Hodgkinson asked whether Northamptonshire was aware of the ‘hazardess’ substance that was being sent to them from Javelin Park.

 

Cllr Ray Theodoulou explained that all the material would be taken to a government approved location. The substance had a commercial use and so UBB were still looking at the most appropriate way to dispose of the material.

 

Question 24 – Cllr Barry Kirby asked how the County Council and the Police and Crime Commissioner were co-ordinating reports to ensure they were not covering the same ground in relation to the proposed business case around the transferring of GFRS governance. He was concerned about ensuring best value.

 

Cllr Nigel Moor stated that the final report should be made available to the new council. The Council had been in contact with the Commissioner’s Office relating  ...  view the full minutes text for item 22


Meeting: 15/02/2017 - County Council (Item 9)

9 Member Questions pdf icon PDF 170 KB

 

Up to 30 minutes is allowed for this item.

 

To answer any written member questions about matters which are within the powers and duties of the County Council.

 

The closing date for receipt of questions is 10am on Wednesday, 8 February 2017. Please send questions to the Chief Executive marked for the attention of Stephen Bace (email stephen.bace@gloucestershire.gov.uk).

 

Questions received and proposed responses do not accompany this agenda but will be circulated prior to the meeting.

 

Minutes:

Forty four member questions had been received. The following supplementary questions were asked:

 

Question 5 – Cllr Paul Hodgkinson stated that he had been expecting confirmation of the legal costs of the Council’s attempts to block details of the incinerator contract becoming public. He explained that it had been suggested that the figure was £200,000 and he asked the member if this was accurate.

Cllr Ray Theodoulou replied that this was an ongoing enquiry and in legal hands. Until the process was complete, he was unable to confirm the exact cost and it was not appropriate to comment further.

 

 

Question 7 - Cllr Paul Hodgkinson asked to receive details of the ‘specific and measurable payback’ from the visit to China by councillors and officers.
 

In response, Cllr Mark Hawthorne explained that the visit had delivered real dividends.  It  was the Council’s role to support Gloucestershire businesses and help them to make new trade connections. A number of companies had taken the conversations further such as ‘Green Fuels’, ‘Royal Agricultural University’ and ‘Prospects training’. In addition companies from China were looking to invest in Gloucestershire.

 

 

Question 8 – Cllr Simon Wheeler noted that in response to his answer it had been stated that the proposal was an increase in the highways budget of £6m this year. He asked for clarification of where that was to be found within the budget papers.

Cllr Vernon Smith replied that following the Conservative amendments during the budget discussion there was now £9m more for highways. He would ask officers to provide the member with the specific details.



Question 9 - Cllr Simon Wheeler explained that some answers to questions provided members with precise figures. He asked why precise figures could not be provided on the total amount of revenue raised from Highways related activities.

Cllr Vernon Smith responded that for some services such as parking it was easy to collate the information but with regards to highways, asset management was used with spend allocated where there was the greatest need.

 

 

Question 11 – Cllr Steve Lydon asked why the Council would not publish the contract information requested in relation to the UBB Incinerator project.

Cllr Ray Theodoulou replied that consideration had to be given to the legal position and the commercial contracts the Council were engaged in.

 

 

Question 12 – Cllr Steve Lydon asked for a written response detailing what the total budget would have been for the Council had Council Tax been increased consistently at 1.99% since 2013.

Cllr Ray Theodoulou stated that there were many other factors that would have had an impact on the budget during that time and that he would not put forward resources in order to carry out this exercise.

 

 

Question 17 – Cllr Lesley Williams asked the cabinet member for the definition of a suitable location for Vehicle Activated Signage.

Cllr Vernon Smith confirmed he would provide the member with a written response. 



Question18 – Cllr Lesley Williams asked whether the Leader believed that the additional £2m across  ...  view the full minutes text for item 9


Meeting: 23/03/2016 - County Council (Item 22)

22 Members' Questions pdf icon PDF 91 KB

Up to 30 minutes is allowed for this item.

 

To answer any written member questions about matters which are within the powers and duties of the County Council.

 

The closing date for receipt of questions is 10am on Wednesday, 16 March 2016. Please send questions to the Chief Executive marked for the attention of Stephen Bace (email stephen.bace@gloucestershire.gov.uk).

 

Questions received and proposed responses do not accompany this agenda but will be circulated prior to the meeting.

 

Minutes:

Question 1 – Cllr Iain Dobie noted the response which outlined that there were currently no or very few viable alternatives to diesel. He asked whether advantage could be taken of new technology which provided electric vans at competitive prices. He commended the Police and Crime Commissioner’s Office for committing to buy electric alternatives for the Police vehicle fleet..

 

Cllr Vernon Smith responded by stating that as alternative technologies developed he would be keen to listen to proposals, but that he did not feel that there were suitable alternatives currently available for heavy duty vehicles.

 

Question 8 – Cllr Barry Kirby noted that the responses to his previous questions around how Gloucestershire County Council services could be delivered to the Cotswold had explained that the Council had not seen detailed proposals. He questioned how the Cabinet Member had been able to provide the information for his answer on highways in the Cotswold.

 

Cllr Vernon Smith explained that his answer had come from past highways information. Cllr Mark Hawthorne outlined that the answers to the previous questions were due to the Council having not received the detail from Cotswold District Council.

 

Question 15 – Cllr Iain Dobie asked for  the Cabinet Member’s views on the direction from Government  to form academies and expressed his concerns around the availability of local secondary school places and the local authority not having oversight of school improvement and catchment areas.

 

In response, Cllr Paul McLain explained that the local authority did not currently have many of the controls outlined by Cllr Dobie and that there would still be oversight of school based planning. In relation to concerns around secondary school places, he stated that the extra demand for places from the Leckhampton development could be met from the expansion of existing schools in the area.

 

Question 16 – Cllr Iain Dobie asked whether, if parents in the area of the Leckhampton development wished to set up a free school, would the Council make some of its land available if approached?

 

Cllr Paul McLain replied that if parents wished to set up a free school, this was a conversation with central government.  For any secondary school to be successful a five form entry was needed and he suggested that realistically there was not the demand in the area to meet that.

 

Question 19 -  Cllr Paul Hodgkinson asked whether the Council had provided oversight of the school’s Supply Mutual Scheme. He questioned when officers had been informed of the deficit in the scheme and what action had been taken.

 

Cllr Paul McLain explained that the scheme was run by schools for schools and that the Council provided an administration role. The Schools Forum had been informed of the likely deficit in the previous year and individual schools had been notified in February 2016. He acknowledged that individual schools could have been notified earlier.

 

Question 21 – Cllr Paul Hodgkinson suggested that some schools had lost confidence in the Council due to the issue of the schools  ...  view the full minutes text for item 22


Meeting: 17/02/2016 - County Council (Item 10)

10 Members' Questions pdf icon PDF 139 KB

 

Up to 30 minutes is allowed for this item.

 

To answer any written member questions about matters which are within the powers and duties of the County Council.

 

The closing date for receipt of questions is 10am on Wednesday, 10 February 2016. Please send questions to the Chief Executive marked for the attention of Stephen Bace (email stephen.bace@gloucestershire.gov.uk).

 

Questions received and proposed responses do not accompany this agenda but will be circulated prior to the meeting.

 

Minutes:

Forty two member questions had been received.  A copy of the answers was circulated and is attached to the signed copy of these minutes.

 

The following supplementary questions were asked:

 

Question1 – Cllr Sarah Lunnon asked, given the high level public concern, what provision would be made for future monitoring of air quality at critical receptors at local buildings and could the monitoring be put in place to establish a baseline prior to the operation of the residual waste facility.

 

Cllr Ray Theodoulou explained emissions would be monitored in accordance with official directives by the Environment Agency and  that an update report would be provided to Cllr Lunnon and that he was sure the relevant agencies would take account of the concerns the member had outlined. He didn’t have specific details of the properties mentioned.

 

Question 2 – Cllr Lesley Williams asked the Cabinet Member to reflect the need for a universal service for children in proposing a new approach.

 

Cllr Paul McLain explained that the core purpose of children’s centres were to improve outcomes for families and young people. He explained that universality applied to wider children and families services e.g. early years

 

Question 7 – Cllr Barry Kirby  asked whether the member was confident that there would be no applications for fracking in the Forest of Dean and Stroud.

 

Cllr Mark Hawthorne referred to the session that had been held by scrutiny and that while he did not have reason to believe any applications were forthcoming, any application would need to be handled in an open and transparent way with due process followed.

 

Question 9 – Cllr Steve McHale asked whether the member had a view on the police precept rise.

 

Cllr Will Windsor-Clive reiterated his answer in the paper.

 

Question 14 – Steve Lydon asked what the Cabinet Member’s view was on a Council that continually under budgeted and overspent.

 

Cllr Ray Theodoulou stated that he would advise the Council to get their budget in order.

 

Question 15 – Cllr Steve Lydon asked which of the cash rises within the budget as detailed in the answer, was the Cabinet Member most proud of.

 

Cllr Ray Theodoulou replied that he was proud of all of them.

 

Question 16 – Cllr Steve Lydon asked whether the Leader of Council was in favour of fracking.

 

In response Cllr Mark Hawthorne explained that it was important to look at any specific proposal on its merits through the planning process.

 

Question 17 – Cllr Steve Lydon asked whether detailed savings targets would be discussed as part of a budget scrutiny task group.

 

Cllr Ray Theodoulou replied that he would discuss with the member outside of the meeting.

 

Question 18 – Cllr Bernie Fisher asked if the Cheltenham Borough Council task group on street parking recommended free parking on Sundays, would the County Council follow suit?

 

Cllr Vernon Smith replied that the Council was always open to listen to proposals.

 

Question 22 – Cllr Jeremy Hilton asked why Clearwater Drive was designated as  ...  view the full minutes text for item 10