Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Having considered all of the information, including known proposals, alternative options and reasons for the recommendations, Cabinet noted the report and
RESOLVED to: -
Cabinet authorises the Director of Public Health to:
1. Develop and conduct an EU compliant competitive tender process with the Council acting as lead authority for the creation of a 4 year multi-supplier ‘Open Framework’ for the delivery of services to people in vulnerable circumstances and homeless with complex needs. The ‘Open Framework’ will be divided into specialist Lots and have a total estimated value of £100M over its term which comprises both the council’s projected value of call off contracts (some which may extend for a longer period than the Framework itself) currently estimated to be in the region of £80M and that of the participating local partners.
2. Conduct the tender on the basis that the specialist Lots will be re-opened:
(a) Annually on each anniversary of the commencement date of the “Open Framework” throughout its term for the admission of new providers who meet the selection criteria; and
(b) At any time during the term of the “Open Framework” in the event that there is a single supplier appointed to one of those specialist Lots who subsequently becomes insolvent or is removed or suspended from the “Open Framework”.
3. Upon the conclusion of the competitive tender process, to appoint the preferred provider(s) to each specialist Lot under the ‘Open Framework’ that have been evaluated as meeting the standards set out in the evaluation criteria subject to any limitation on numbers that may have been provided for in the tender process.
4. Simultaneously conduct with the tender process for the “Open Framework” a tender process for the award by the Council of a number of contracts for the provision of Community and Accommodation Based Support Services each contract being for a term of 7 years comprising an initial term of 3 years with 2 options to extend for a further 2 years in each case, with an estimated aggregated total value of all contracts awarded by the Council of £66.3M.
5. Upon conclusion of the competitive tender processes set out in Recommendation 4 above, to enter into in each case a contract with the preferred provider evaluated as offering the Council best value for money for delivery of each of the services. In the event that a preferred provider is either unable or unwilling to enter into that contract with the Council, then the Director Public Health is authorised to enter into such contract with the next willing highest placed and suitably qualified provider in each case.
6. Use the ‘Open Framework’ Agreement to enter into such call off contracts during the term of the ‘Open Framework’ as are required to meet the Council’s assessed needs for the ‘Open Framework’ services in accordance with the Council’s Constitution.
Publication date: 30/01/2019
Date of decision: 30/01/2019
Decided at meeting: 30/01/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 07/02/2019