Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Leader of the Council, Cllr Mark Hawthorne, presented the Draft Council Strategy and Medium Term Financial Strategy, (MTFS), 2019-2020 to 2020-2021, (including the proposed Revenue and Capital Budget 2019-20), for recommendation to Council.
Having considered all of the information, including the outcomes of the council’s formal budget consultation, the due regard statement for the decision and recommendations from the Overview and Scrutiny Management Committee, Cabinet noted the decision report and the reasons for the recommendations and,
1. To consider the outcome of the budget consultation as set out in Appendix 3 and the report from the Overview and Scrutiny Management Committee (OSMC) in Appendix 4.
2. To approve the Draft Council Strategy for submission to County Council (Appendix 1).
3. To approve changes to the draft budget and to approve the MTFS and final revenue and capital budget for 2019/20 for recommendation to County Council, including all of the proposals set out in the annexes of the detailed MTFS (Appendix 2).
4. To approve the schools funding, the provisional local government finance settlement and forecast reserve movements as summarised in this report and set out in the MTFS to County Council.
5. To recommend to Council a revenue budget of £429.661 million, a Band D council tax of £1,293.70 and consequential precepts on District Councils.
6. To approve for recommendation to Council the Capital Strategy, Treasury Management Strategy and Investment Strategy as set out in Annexes 7 & 10 of the detailed MTFS.
7. To note the Risk Management Policy Statement & Strategy as set out in Annex 11 of the detailed MTFS.
The following amendments to the draft budget were presented at the meeting.
Cabinet considered the amendments and
RESOLVED to make the additional recommendations to County Council on 13 February 2019: -
8. Approve a Highways Local capital allocation of £0.53 million (or £10,000 per Councillor) to be funded from capital receipts;
9. Approve a permanent allocation of £0.16 million to eliminate the Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service (GFRS) Efficiency Saving in the draft budget approved by Cabinet in December 2018, to be funded from the MTC3 Savings Contingency Budget;
10.Approve a one-off allocation of £0.025 million to fund a %G Readiness Study in 2019/20, to be funded from the MTC3 Savings Contingency Budget;
11.Approve a one-off contribution of £0.18 million to the Vulnerable Peoples’ Reserve to mitigate the demand risks associated with services to vulnerable adults and children. This will be funded from the MTC3 Savings Contingency Budget.
Publication date: 30/01/2019
Date of decision: 30/01/2019
Decided at meeting: 30/01/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 07/02/2019